10 Reasons for Home Staging
1) Your home will sell 78% faster, according to the Real Estate Staging Association national statistics. That means, 30 days on the market vs. 100 days.
2) You will receive 6-10% more money. That means if your home is worth $300.000 you stand to gain (or not lose on markdowns) $18,000 to $30,000.
3) Agents are much more likely to show a home that they know is staged.
4) 95% of homebuyers look online to decide which homes to tour. So, great photos attract more buyers to your home.
5) Your home will lose at least 1% a month while on the market, according to Zillow.
6) The first markdown can be 3% to 5%. For a $300,000 home - $9000 to $15,000.
7) Home staging services for an occupied home cost an average of ¼% to a max of ½% of home value for an occupied home. So, spend about $750 for a $300,000 home, to save $9,000 to $15,000 on the first markdown.
8) A vacant home must add carrying costs to the 1% a month it can lose when it doesn’t sell quickly: mortgage, lawn care, HOA dues, electric, water, insurance, etc… $3000 a month carrying costs plus $9000 to $15,000 markdowns.
9) The cost of home staging services for a vacant home can vary, but 1% of home value is a good average for a 3 month leasing term, depending on the number of rooms furnished…about $1000 a month for the $300,000. Spend $1000 a month to save an estimated $3000 a month carrying costs plus $9000 to $15,000 markdowns.
10) You will have less stress and the satisfaction of knowing that you have done all that is needed to maximize your home’s potential.